Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool won't clear, what is slamming?

1. Back To Top    #1

San Antonio, TX

Pool won't clear, what is slamming?

Split by moderator from HERE. Please start a new thread for your questions so you can get personalized responses and avoid confusion in another member's thread. Thanks, jblizzle

Quote Originally Posted by zea3 View Post
    That is quite a bit of improvement. Hang in there and keep slamming. I thought I had all the leaves out of mine until it cleared up enough to see the bottom and I still had a small pile in the center of the pool. You may find something similar in your case as the pool clears. You are doing a great job!
    What is "slamming?" I'm a newbie and have the same color algae problem. Chemical levels are all look normal. The vacuum is picking everything up so no major debris. My filter is normally at 11 psi and it was at 15 so I backwashed. Still no major changes. Any help?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Pool won't clear, what is slamming?

Welcome to TFP!!!

We recommend the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process to clear up pools. This is much more controlled method than the blindly dumping of chemicals that pool stores often recommend. To do it properly though, you need to invest in one of the Recommended Test Kits so that you can accurately test your water.

I would also suggest you take a look at Pool School. Start with these:

ABCs of Water Chemistry
    Recommended Pool Chemicals
    How to Chlorinate Your Pool
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!