Solution to stop gnats, tiny black flies floating in pool ??

Jun 12, 2014
KISSIMMEE
Hi everyone. I live in FL and don't have big leaf issues. Problem i can't seem to solve are these small gnats, tiny black flies that seem to somehow get inside our pool screen enclosure and float around our skimmer. They don't even stay inside or get sucked in through the skimmer door.. We have to use the pool net to clean the top daily filled with hundreds of little black flies in our in ground pool

I noticed on 4 jets more power comes from the 2 jets by the skimmer door and 2 other jets give our less power on other side of the skimmer door. I even adjusted one of the jets to aim at skimmer door but didnt see a difference.

I had a pool tech come by and they checked to make sure suction is working on skimmer and it's working fine they said, they dont see any leaks around the pool pump, and filter seems to be working okay

Here's my pool equipment In ground pool (6 ft deep)
Pentair 1 HP (single speed) Model# #196238
Vac-Alert SVRS
Sta-Rite system filtration Model: PLD70
Pentair Model 320 automatic chlorine Bromine In-Line feeder

Photos of the small black gnats / flies & skimmer door
10n8chl.jpg

29apqhs.jpg

iwputk.jpg

dblj7k.jpg

2rcwggm.jpg

2rvzpqr.jpg

Lastly would you recommend this product? Is a solar robotic cleaner for cleaning on top of pool surface but don't know if it would pick up those tiny flies/gnats

https://www.solar-breeze.com/

In the picture I see of your return, it looks to be parallel to the surface or down a little. Maybe try a little more aggressive setting to make the returns ripple the surface to get things moving toward the skimmer. You want to try to make the stuff on the surface rotate around the pool so the debris goes past the skimmer while moving along the wall.

You might also look into smaller eyeball fittings for your returns to make the water come out with more force to help move things around the pool. That may bring the flow from the weaker ones up some.

Try turning the eyeball return to a vertical position. In my pool this created some turbulence at the surface which was enough to break the water surface tension and allow the bugs to sink and subsequently be sucked up by the bottom vacuum. A side benefit was a pleasant fountain-like sound.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.