New in ground vinyl pool start up. Need help and suggestions.

Mar 7, 2014
Georgia
Pool is filled with water, vacuumed pool. Pb added 7 bags of shock. Pool is 45000 gallon. Has cleared up some. I can see bottom of shallow end and see light in deep end. Below are my first numbers with a tf 100 kit. I would really want to start off maintaining pool the TFPC way instead of pb way. We haven't added any salt yet as pb wants pool clear since we had to vacuum a lot due to it starting to rain as putting liner in.

Fc .5 to 1
Cc is .5 to 1
Ph is 8.2 but may be higher
TA is 150
Cya is 0 to 5
Cha is 175
Salt is 0-200

I have bleach, stabilizer and poly algaecide 30 left by pb.

Pool math said
238 oz of bleach
139 oz of acid
180oz of stabilizer
1205 lbs of salt

Sorry for being so long. Last picture is before he added shock.

4yradeba.jpg

zugy7a6y.jpg

peqemedy.jpg

yheha4ut.jpg

udybu2uh.jpg

How are you saying CYA of 0-5ppm? The test goes down to 30ppm?

So are you in control of the pool chemistry or the pool builder? If you are taking over and that is OK with them, make sure they know that and that you both do not dump in chemicals without knowing what the other is doing.

Do you know what the ingredient of the "7 bags of shock" was?

I would suggest adding about 30-40ppm of CYA and get that dissolving, then test it after a week and then after you finish the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process, then you can raise it up to SWG levels.

So, get the pH lowered to the lower 7s and then start adding bleach to maintain SLAM level FC ... which is about 10ppm after you start adding the CYA.

Forget the algaecide.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW ... I would start with 2 gallons of 31% MA acid (should get near 7.8) ... then recheck the pH after 30 minutes and lower it to 7.2.
I would get about 12 pounds of CYA dissolving to add about 30ppm.
And then your initial 8.25% bleach dose will be 5 gallons (I am not sure where you got your bleach amount, but that is way too high).

Make sure your TA is set in the NOW so that your pH adjustment is correct.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.