Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 4 recessed holes with metal bars in the walls of my pool, for pool safety rope?

1. Back To Top    #1

4 recessed holes with metal bars in the walls of my pool, for pool safety rope?

I have 4 recessed holes with metal bars/anchors in the walls of my IG pool approximately 1/2 between the deep and shallow end, at about a 1 foot depth, and again closer to the bottom of the pool.

Can someone tell me what these are for?

Can I attach a safety rope to the upper ones?
    http://www.amazon.com/Swimming-Safet.../dp/B00854H28Q
    16,000 gallon
    6 - 4'x12' Aquasol solar panels
    inground, plaster pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 4 recessed holes with metal bars in the walls of my pool, for pool safety rope?

I would assume the top ones are for a rope. We have anchors too, but I see no reason for a rope. No idea why there would be a set down deep as well.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: 4 recessed holes with metal bars in the walls of my pool, for pool safety rope?

can you post a pic of them?

Quote Originally Posted by dwichman View Post
    I have 4 recessed holes with metal bars/anchors in the walls of my IG pool approximately 1/2 between the deep and shallow end, at about a 1 foot depth, and again closer to the bottom of the pool.

Can someone tell me what these are for?

Can I attach a safety rope to the upper ones?
    http://www.amazon.com/Swimming-Safet.../dp/B00854H28Q
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

16,000 gallon
    6 - 4'x12' Aquasol solar panels
    inground, plaster pool