Need to disconnect my filter for a few days

Jun 16, 2014
My brand new Hayward DE filter that I just bought 4 days ago already needs to be fixed. The air vent cap snapped off when I tried to turn it! They want me to bring it in but in the meanwhile I'm worried about the water in the pool flowing out. I have a few 2way ball valves that I can attach to my hoses...will that be good enough??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I am not sure what you are worried about because I have no idea what kind of pool we are talking about ;)
Please add your pool details to your signature and location to your profile as described HERE as it will help us help you.

I am assuming it is above ground since you are worried about the water flowing out ... If so, you could plug the ports in the pool or plug the hoses. You may want to install some shutoff valves to make this process easier in the future.

You should still be sure to maintain adequate FC ... just add bleach and brush the pool well to mix it in.

If you have a sumbersible pump, you can put it in the pool without a discharge hose attached, and it will help circulate the water. or you can stir it around with a brush a few times a day and you should be fine.

Filter or not, you will need to maintain FC so you dont get an algae bloom.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.