Esther Williams Install Scheduled for this week

TaraMM

Jul 18, 2013
Royse City, TX
So we have the installation company lined up to do the install of our 30' Round pool on Thursday. We are excited to finally get a pool!!!!!
I previously posted that we purchased it used off craigslist a couple weeks ago.

I ordered and have received the TF100XL test kit!! I also have on hand 3 bottles of bleach that I purchased from Costco the other day. I still need to pick up some Baking Soda and Borax.
Is there anything else I should have on hand to get my pool started?

Thank you and look forward to your reply.

Do not randomly stock up on products that start with the letter B. Odds are you will never need borax or baking soda. Test your fill water (CH, pH, TA) and you will have an idea of what you are starting with.

You will certainly need stabilizer/CYA/cyanuric acid ... so buy 30-50ppm of that ... and of course you will need bleach. Anything else depends on test results when the pool is filled.

Hey Tarra!

Glad to hear you are on your way! I hope to be soon myself. Please send me the info on the local installers you found. I would greatly appreciate it!

Also, what did they quote you for your isntall if you don't mind my asking?

Thanks,
Steve

I get my Stabilizer at WalMart in the pool aisle. It's really good and I think I pay anywhere from $12-$15 for it. Can't remember for sure but it's not that much.

I don't even use borax or baking soda. I, of course, added borates this year so I did use it but if I didn't do that, I probably would have never had to use it. Just bleach and stabilizer. :goodjob:

I will be using the same installer as Tara (thanks for the info Tara!) and my install will (hopefully) begin next weekend! (provided my pool arrives in time!)

I can't wait to see Tara's install. I hope it goes wonderfully!

This is going to be a couple busy weeks then! I'll be over here ::epds:: :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.