Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help!! Need a reliable pump/filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Madison, WI

Unhappy Help!! Need a reliable pump/filter

I purchased a summer escapes 18x42 pool for my kids last summer. This was the third purchase of this pool as the pump has failed in the past. The pool is up for the year and yet again the pump has failed. The manufacturer offers no customer service worth anything and only offer the same crummy pumps to purchase again. The pool as a side skimmer so I need a system that I can attach to the side of the pool in that rectangle hole.

Any suggestions???? I am at a loss and want to get something on there quick!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Help!! Need a reliable pump/filter

Many members get the 1HP 2-speed Hayward Matrix Powerflo. You would want to pair it with the largest filter you can. I am not sure what package deals are out there.

I am confused though ... do you still have the filters that came with the failed pumps?
    Are you saying you do not have a skimmer installed? ... I am not aware of any the use square fittings
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!