Just got my TF-100 in the mail!!! WOOT!!! Thanks!!!

Waldog

May 27, 2014
Christmas, FL
:party: Thanks Dave!!! Super fast shipping!!! :cool: :salut:

I didn't realize it was a HUGE kit! WOW! LOL

Just ran three tests, came in to get a sock... ;)

CYA = 28 (Been using pucks since we got the pool on Meorial day and added 16OZ of stabilizer.) So obviously I need just a bit more and I can stop the pucks.
PH = 7.5 WOO HOO! Thank you baking soda!
FC = 2 Doh!!!!

Going to add some stabilizer and some chlorine now!!!

Thanks TFP!!! :wave:

Welcome to the Junior Mad Scientist Club!
:testkit:
:cheers:

:party: Thanks Dave!!! Super fast shipping!!! :cool: :salut:

I didn't realize it was a HUGE kit! WOW! LOL

Just ran three tests, came in to get a sock... ;)

CYA = 28 (Been using pucks since we got the pool on Meorial day and added 16OZ of stabilizer.) So obviously I need just a bit more and I can stop the pucks.
PH = 7.5 WOO HOO! Thank you baking soda!
FC = 2 Doh!!!!

Going to add some stabilizer and some chlorine now!!!

Thanks TFP!!! :wave:

Baking soda does not change the pH ... it raises the TA.
Which chlorine test did you do?

Now you have the kit, do ALL the tests and post up the number :goodjob:

Ahhhhh. I thought it raised PH... mine was low a week or so ago and I added some and now it seems fine. Or my old test kit was wrong...

Anyway, I did the TA test and the water started to turn pink / red after 10-11 drops, but when I would stir it would go back to green... is this normal?

I am guessing my TA is 100-110???

I did not do the CH test as I have a vinyl pool.

I should probably do the FAS/DPD test and OCLT but I had do something with my better half last night so I didn't get a chance. I will do it tonight when I get home.

Swirl water with one hand while adding drops with the other. Color needs to change and stay there- so you probably need a drop or few more than the 11. Use the "good" chlorine test with the powder and drops while troubleshooting stuff. The little plastic chlorine/Ph test is great for daily tests.

Full results:

FC 5+
PH 7.5
TA 160
FAS/DPD 4.5
CC 1
CYA 28~ (sock in pool now)

Not sure about the FAS/DPD test...? Pretty sure it did it right.

I imagine cc is low due to lack of cya?

I see why the mixing station would be useful now lol

I think I should slam the pool? At this point I would only need one jug of bleach.

Full results:

FC 5+
PH 7.5
TA 160
FAS/DPD 4.5
CC 1
CYA 28~ (sock in pool now)

Not sure about the FAS/DPD test...? Pretty sure it did it right.

I imagine cc is low due to lack of cya?

CC's are indicative of algae/organisms that have been killed by chlorine ... and CC of 1 is actually not low but high. It could very well be due to the fact that your FC was low before you brought it up. With a CYA of 28 / 30 you want to be above 3 at all times.

A CYA level of 30 will probably turn out to be a touch low for Florida and you may find 50 or so to be ideal but it is easier to see what happens now and then bump up in small increments.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The Chlorine smell that people usually attribute to high chlorine is usually chloramines, aka combined chlorine. While this is a good indication that the chlorine is doing its job by breaking down organics, it is not a reliable indication of chlorine level.

The Chlorine smell that people usually attribute to high chlorine is usually chloramines, aka combined chlorine. While this is a good indication that the chlorine is doing its job by breaking down organics, it is not a reliable indication of chlorine level.

Understood. I will re-test asap and keep slamming. Had to leave early this AM for work so I can't get back to it until this afternoon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.