Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool Build - Lake Mary, FL

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool Build - Lake Mary, FL

I've been reading other peoples' threads while waiting for ours to be completed. I think that helped me maintain some sanity--there's always questions about, iffy contractors -- when people will show up, if it's normal for it to go days without people showing up, etc.

That said, our pool builder has been pretty good with updates, and keeping us in the loop as to when things would be happening. Just wish it would move along a little faster ... My wife has kept track of actual days where someone comes and does something. I think total it's been under two weeks--which is crazy.

We're currently in the 11th week of the build. We started right at the beginning of April--after having taken a year to finalize our design, and then signing the contract in the beginning of March. Long process--hopefully its worth it.

I did some time lapse when I could--sadly, sometimes I didn't receive a headsup that things were going down 'that day' and missed some action here and there. I also had some gopro camera fail when the temperature exceeded 90-95 on some days.

all of the build up to the rock wall completion--
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BecyjNvfx5U

Just the rock-work: (when they finished they posed for the camera a few different ways--was pretty funny to find)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEkw2Bbc8Ns

Here's where we are presently--they're supposed to come acid wash the inside and start filling it up today..

pool1.jpg
    pool2.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool Build - Lake Mary, FL

Your pool and set up are stunning, will be gorgeous when it's full of sparkly water. Great job!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you poobears! I'll post some more chronological photos tonight. And some shots from around the structure--I should have started posting a long time ago--but I kept telling myself it would just frustrate me to do so... Especially if more people (other than my wife) started asking if there were any updates

4. Back To Top    #4

I agree, it looks fantastic! It will bring plenty of days of enjoyment. Just to ease your pain, I am in the11th month of my build

5. Back To Top    #5

Great build!

21.5K gallons... 65' x 9' Shotcrete Inground Lap Pool... 3'.5" to 6.5" Depth...9' by 7" Wet Deck... Hayward all the way... 2 L.E.D lights...Pebble Sheen Aqua Blue...And above all....LOVING IT!!!!!!

6. Back To Top    #6

Jayhawk, what is your pool' s plater finish?
    Looks stunning!

21.5K gallons... 65' x 9' Shotcrete Inground Lap Pool... 3'.5" to 6.5" Depth...9' by 7" Wet Deck... Hayward all the way... 2 L.E.D lights...Pebble Sheen Aqua Blue...And above all....LOVING IT!!!!!!

7. Back To Top    #7

That is awfully pretty stonework and patio there!
    28,600k IG, vinyl, 20X42X31 Lagoon, Savannah Tile/Sandstone liner, Hayward Swim-Clear 425 Cartridge Filter, Hayward 3/4hp TriStar Pump, 2 Color Logic Lights, SWG
    3 Deck Jet II fountains, Hayward H400 Propane Heater, TFT100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

It's a beautiful pool! And you're in the home stretch! Or pool was started just after yours so maybe it will finish up here very shortly...
    Swimming!: 19x32 IG rectangular pool, 22,500 gallons; 3' - 6.5'; open spa w/ 6 jets; raised wall w/ 1 sheer descent and 2 minijets, 2 color-changing LED pool lights, 1 spa light; Jandy 2 1/2 HP 2 speed Pump, Jandy cartridge filter (320 SQFT), Diamondbrite Cool Blue

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by teknic88 View Post
    Jayhawk, what is your pool' s plater finish?
    Looks stunning!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    If plater finish = the color/type of interior finish (i'm not hip to all the terms ) - our pool company subcontracts these guys: http://www.magicmarciteinc.com/aquapearl.php -- i can look up the color, it was 2.70$ a sq foot I think. Some others were 5-7$/sq foot for darker finishes but we liked the color and wanted to put more into features than surface (dollar wise).

Pebbletec was an option, but was also priced significantly higher and didn't look much different to us. The warranty also didn't seem to offer anything that this one did.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by martinkennedy View Post
    I agree, it looks fantastic! It will bring plenty of days of enjoyment. Just to ease your pain, I am in the11th month of my build
    I saw your build... I'd expect that would take a year to finish lol---looks amazing though!

11. Back To Top    #11

Wow! That is awesome!
    Installed May 2014 - 16' x 48" Summer Escapes Pro Series Pool AG Vinyl (6,000 gal) - Intex 2650 Sand Filter - Christmas, FL

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by jayhawk785 View Post
    If plater finish = the color/type of interior finish (i'm not hip to all the terms ) - our pool company subcontracts these guys: http://www.magicmarciteinc.com/aquapearl.php -- i can look up the color, it was 2.70$ a sq foot I think. Some others were 5-7$/sq foot for darker finishes but we liked the color and wanted to put more into features than surface (dollar wise).

Pebbletec was an option, but was also priced significantly higher and didn't look much different to us. The warranty also didn't seem to offer anything that this one did.
    Looks great. Thanks

13. Back To Top    #13

Anyone have experience with 'tone' noise in the house from the pump? our aux/feature pump, when on--makes a low pulsating woooom woooom noise --is there a way to tell the pool builder to isolate the pump better to get rid of that?