Filter problem???

Jun 16, 2014
Cadiz Ohio
I need HELP!!! I have an above ground pool. 27' I think. My filter is a hayward sand filter. We drained most of the water and filled it from water transport because we didn't have a cover on it during winter so the water was filled with beetles and green algae. For the past 2 weeks we have put algaecide and shock in it on a regular basis because the water is blue with chunks of algae floating in it and we can't see the bottom. We tried clarifier also. The ph is low but the chlorine is ok...Today I found muddy muck on the bottom...A LOT...we live on a dirt road but shouldn't the filter take care of all the dirt???? If the problem is the filter then how do I know what needs fixed??? Nothing is leaking but there is water laying on the top of the Vari-flow valve....which normally happens when I backwash it..

Please Help!!!
Sooo grossed out

Trekpool, Welcome to TFP!

You are not going to clear your pool with the you provided above. You dumping algaecide is going to lead you with a high copper content that will turn red and blonde hair green! I would urge you to stop dumping, order a test kit (TF100 is the best kit as you will get more reagents than the K2006) and read Pool School.

ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to Chlorinate Your Pool
Chlorine CYA Chart
Test Kit Comparison
Recommended Levels
What is Trouble Free Pool Care?
Pool Calculator Instructions

Please keep coming back and asking questions. We are here to help you so you too can enjoy clean clear water like this:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.