Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Eyeball

1. Back To Top    #1

Corinth, NY

Anyone here ever have a hard time adjusting the eyeball on their return? I have it almost where I want it to be but I want it adjusted a bit more.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Central Minnesota

Re: Eyeball

My return eyeballs are sticky as H E double-hockey sticks. Two of them are easier to position if I loosen the outer retaining ring and then move them. The other I have to jimmy a flat screw driver inside the eyeball and lever the eyeball to where I want it. I'm going to find a piece of dowel that's a bit larger than my return openings and taper the end. Then I can push that into the return hole and more easily maneuver it.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

East TN

Re: Eyeball

You could just make you one. I did. Works great for circulation. It will turn 360 degrees pointed up, down or sideways. It only costs a couple dollars to make.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    18,000 Gallon Aboveground. Sand Filter with 2HP 2 speed Pump.