5 Minute Temporary Ladder Installation with Photos!

a8esejat.jpg
a7epu7e7.jpg
bupy7e9u.jpg
ujy9yvuq.jpg
9epymehu.jpg
yda3edar.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is so cold out! A few days ago we hit 95 and now, brrrr. The pool is full of storm debris. I still want to play with my pool so I picked up some baby t-posts and a section of pipe from Lowes and threw this together. I doubled up the posts because the bitty ones are so flimsy and they fit snugly inside the pipe on the ladder handrails. I had the ladder on the deck portion of the pool (which is a J shape) but I felt it was too close to the slide. The opposite side of the pool is not buried so this is really the best location.

Pigeonlove, this has nothing to do with your ladder, but the fact your pool is in the ground. I ask this because I would like to buy a above ground pool and sink it about two ft down. Did you do that yourself or have it done. I have been told that not all above ground pools can be sunk into the ground. Just curious about your thoughts and anyone else out there. Not for sure how the ground is in Boise, but here in the DFW area of Texas it is like concrete. Black dirt and a lot of it.

Hi Trey!

I did do it myself! I can post some more pictures of how it is set into the ground in the next couple days. I dug out a small hill so the opposite side is not buried. The sod area by the ladder is the highest point of the hill. I don't love having sod there right up to the pool but for now it works.

I was not worried about voiding a warranty because it was an old pool, I did my research so was looking specifically for a Doughboy because they are high quality pools and some models are designed to be buried. I also wanted to go with a buttressed pool. It is a fortress!

In the early spring the soil here is easy to dig but as it dries it is like concrete. I dug out the area by hand. That was brutal.

Anyway, I'll go out and take some pictures tomorrow so you can see how it is buried. Any moderately handy person can do this and I'd love to share my wisdom ;)

-Annie

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am basically a SAHM but I work a little outside the home and was on-call today. I didn't think I was going to be called in but I was so these are some pix that were already on my ipad from the other day.

From my reading some people do a lot of additional prep before burying a pool. I think that how you go about it will depend on your topography. I didn't have a huge hill that might slide down and if my pool fails the water will run away from the house, conveniently down into the canal ;)

I just back filled with dirt and plenty of composted horse manure on top because I have an endless supply. I wrapped the bottom track of my pool all around with foil tape up about 8" mainly to keep dirt out of the track. I painted over the bottom of the wall on the buried portion. My buttresses are set with 2x more block and concrete than the manufacturer requires.

My pool is still unfinished but so much fun to work on!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.