New build mostly question automation

greg.stevenson.90

Platinum Supporter
Jun 3, 2014
Hello all, we are building approx 22x38 in ground liner pool.
28,000 gallon approx.
they are offering a Hydro Baker Sand filter, or we can get a Pentair DE filter or Pentair
Cartridge filter. We don't have any rules on DE. Any advice?
A pentair svrs, if I typed that right, pump. We opted for both a Pentair 250,000 propane heater
And a Pentair 125,000 btu heat pump.
They are giving us an auto pilot Swg. Also 4 standard deck jets.

I am an electrician (own small business, not just an average joe)
I love automation, but as most know when new to a system, it's still Greek!
I am getting Inteliitouch with 7i (think it was called) personality board along
with the screen logic stuff. We will control all of the above plus I want to add next year
2 Pentair magic stream laminar jets. Along with landscape lighting.

Question is the intellichem, and ph control, what is best and hopefully cheaper, doubt they
go in same sentence, for this? I read tons on stenner pumps but read so much I'm lost again.
What exactly parts do I need to accomplish this and be able to tie into the automation system?

Any other advice on equipment or controls? Pool is dug and walls are supposed to go up
tomorrow.

Thanks
Greg

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

We have seen a few issues with the SVRS pumps ... false trips, etc when trying to run vacuum or suction cleaner. I would suggest sticking with the regular VS version if you can.

I don't know much about the automation. I have considered getting pH control as well. I think if I get one it will NOT by the Hayward Sense and Dispense which is just the pH and ORP sensors. Then you still need to add the stenner pump to actually be controlled. I do not want the ORP control, so why spend money on that package. So, I will likely just get a stand-alone stenner (or similar) setup. Some have their own pH sensors or just do rate based control. The main automation would still control the time that the Stenner/pH automation was on though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.