Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Solar heater cover reel suggestions and a big THANK YOU!

1. Back To Top    #1

Solar heater cover reel suggestions and a big THANK YOU!

It took over 2 weeks, alot research here, and a lot of hard work with leveling and set up but we got our intex 12'x24'x48" pool up this last Thursday and kids and dad had their first swim on Fathers Day. Your help has be the best. We have the TFP recommended water testing kit and so far so good.
    Now for the day to day stuff. We have a great cover, it's solar and sits great on top. But we need a reel or something to help me get it off the pool easily when it's just me and the kids during the weekdays. I need something that will keep the cover neatly off the ground and can be manually operated easily by 1 person. Any suggestions?
    Ill post pics of the pool when it's, all done, we are adding a deck. Thanks again TFP members!
    Jenn, From New Mexico
    8600 gal Intex 12x24x52 ultra rectangular pool, current filter: Sand Filter Pump with 1,600 gallon (6,056 L) per hour flow rate

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Solar heater cover reel suggestions and a big THANK YOU!

I have the same pool and I was considering putting a solar cover on a reel mounted on top of two fence posts about 1 foot behind the pool. I haven't done this yet but I was thinking installed a 4"x4" about 1 foot past one end of the pool and about 6" wider then the pool. Then mount the reel on top of the posts so it sits a couple inches above the sides of the pool. I feel like I have seen pictures of someone doing this before.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Solar heater cover reel suggestions and a big THANK YOU!

It looks like the old thread was archived, but here is the link to the archived page: http://www.troublefreepool.com/archi...p/t-66054.html

and the link to our blog where we detailed our build: http://www.troublefreepool.com/archi...p/t-66054.html

Happy building!
    NEW POOL : 9 x 18, 48" deep - Bestway brand, 1 HP Intex 3200 Pump/Sand Filter Combo, Wanda the Whale, Hayward through wall skimmer (still in box)
    OLD POOL 5,100 Gallons, 9 x 19 used Splash a Round, Intex SWG, 1.5 HP Hayward Power Flow LX pump, Pentair Clean and Clear 150 sq. ft. filter, hard plumbed, Wanda the Whale,