What kind of connector to use to keep a hose on the backwash nozzle?

callmedpit

LifeTime Supporter
May 25, 2014
Millersville, MD
Here's my backwash nozzle and the hose I want to connect it to. Is there some sort of connector or something I can use that will keep both pieces on when I run the water?

Dn9Kb80.jpg

That appears to be a vacuum hose. I'm not sure there is any "official" way to connect that to a backwash port. Most backwash hoses are the flat kind that roll up like a fire hose (Some people even use fire hoses). They slide over the backwash port and clamp on with a hose clamp.

Maybe someone will be able to suggest something but I haven't seen anything around about connecting one of those to anything but a vacuum port. I would worry that sliding it over something (Some type of reducer fitting) would result in it shooting back off once the pressure of the backwashing water hits it...

Hmmmmmmm let's see who's creative out there!

That appears to be a vacuum hose. I'm not sure there is any "official" way to connect that to a backwash port. Most backwash hoses are the flat kind that roll up like a fire hose (Some people even use fire hoses). They slide over the backwash port and clamp on with a hose clamp.

Maybe someone will be able to suggest something but I haven't seen anything around about connecting one of those to anything but a vacuum port. I would worry that sliding it over something (Some type of reducer fitting) would result in it shooting back off once the pressure of the backwashing water hits it...

Hmmmmmmm let's see who's creative out there!

Thanks, I'll just pick up the flat hose. It looks like 1 1/2" is the normal size, but I believe the nozzle for the backwash is more like 1 1/4". Do you think getting a 1 1/2" backwash hose will be just fine as long as I'm using a hose clamp?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.