Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Algaecide?

1. Back To Top    #1

Recently finished SLAM process and converted to chlorine bleach thanks to TPF community so know not to use trichlor or dichlor anymore!! Question is the liquid algaecide (Anthony and Sylvan Pro 60) I had normally put in once or twice a that still OK or should I return the bottle a ought a few weeks ago?

Also, how often should I take water sample to pool store just to check for "metals"? Or is there a recommended test kit for that?
    33,000 gals, DE, IG, plaster, Purex Triton FNSP 60 filter, Pentair Super Flo 2hp?

2. Back To Top    #2

Houston, TX

Re: Algaecide?

No algaecide required, it is actually discouraged as most add metals.

The only reason to take a sample to the pool store to test for metals is if your ground water has metals in it or you added an algaecide.
    TFP Moderator Chris V. ~16K Pool & Spa, 48NSF DE, IG Plaster Circa 2000, Intermatic PE653, Challenger pump with a 2 speed B2984, 20gal stenner chlorine injection, Houston, TX
    One cannot follow Islam and Christianity at the same time, nor can one follow pool store methods and TFP at the same time.
    Pool School -- Pool Math -- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    Houston, Texas

Re: Algaecide?

Unless you have added metals to your pool in the past through mineral packs or copper algaecide, the only time you need to test for metals is if you are on well water. If your water turns funky colors right after increasing the FC level then you may want to have the water tested for metals.

Return the algaecide if you can. There is no need for it in a properly chlorinated pool.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!