New to this forum

Jun 14, 2014
Concord
Just wanted to drop a howdy in. New to this forum but I am active on several others. Looks like a great site with tons of informations.

I grew up with a nice IG pool and had to learn how to maintain it. On my second AGP first on I have had about 5 years 15x48 intex metal frame. We wanted to upgrade to something bigger so for Father's Day I went and got a 18x48 ultra frame and a SWG. Already had the sand filter. Gave the old 15 footer to the neighbors a couple doors down, they have 3 boys. Nothing wrong with the pool, just wanted to do something nice.

So the plan is to build a retaining wall to get the soil compacted in (low lying area that is a little soft) hard plumb the filter and swg, do the thru wall skimmer mod and increase the return size and add a second return. I think I spent the entire day yesterday reading in the forum about the mods...Great information. I bought lowes out of the 49111 couplers...lol

Maybe I will document the build on the new pool. It may take a couple of weeks to get it finished, I driver OTR and have to leave on Tuesday. Will see how much I get accomplished tomorrow.

Thanks for having me on the forum...

CW