Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to this forum

1. Back To Top    #1

New to this forum

Just wanted to drop a howdy in. New to this forum but I am active on several others. Looks like a great site with tons of informations.

I grew up with a nice IG pool and had to learn how to maintain it. On my second AGP first on I have had about 5 years 15x48 intex metal frame. We wanted to upgrade to something bigger so for Father's Day I went and got a 18x48 ultra frame and a SWG. Already had the sand filter. Gave the old 15 footer to the neighbors a couple doors down, they have 3 boys. Nothing wrong with the pool, just wanted to do something nice.

So the plan is to build a retaining wall to get the soil compacted in (low lying area that is a little soft) hard plumb the filter and swg, do the thru wall skimmer mod and increase the return size and add a second return. I think I spent the entire day yesterday reading in the forum about the mods...Great information. I bought lowes out of the 49111

Maybe I will document the build on the new pool. It may take a couple of weeks to get it finished, I driver OTR and have to leave on Tuesday. Will see how much I get accomplished tomorrow.

Thanks for having me on the forum...

Intex Ultra Frame (28329WL) 18 x 48 6500 Gallons
    Intex Sand Filter (SF15110) 1600 gph
    Intex SWG (28663EG)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Lakeland, FL

Re: New to this forum

Welcome to the forum!
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3
    DFW, Texas

Re: New to this forum

Welcome to TFP!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.