Thread: Trying to get my water right on the mark

1. Back To Top    #1

Trying to get my water right on the mark

Ph 7.5
    TA 50-55
    CH 175
    Cya 50
    Salt 2700

I'm think my TA needs to be raised a little to maybe 70, CH raised to maybe 225, and salt to 3000. Is there a particular ingredient I need to add to get TA and CH up without changing my ph? On the CYA I can just add the amount the pool calculated tells me.

What order should I attack this in?
    20x49 double roman 3.5' to 8.5 deep', 44,000 gal. SWG, TF-100 test kit with speed stir, concrete walls with vinyl liner, cartridge filter on an IG pool with a 1hp main pump and 1.5hp booster pump. Pool built April 2013

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Trying to get my water right on the mark

Nobody?

I guess with a vinyl pool I don't need to worry about CH?
    20x49 double roman 3.5' to 8.5 deep', 44,000 gal. SWG, TF-100 test kit with speed stir, concrete walls with vinyl liner, cartridge filter on an IG pool with a 1hp main pump and 1.5hp booster pump. Pool built April 2013

3. Back To Top    #3

If the pH is holding steady, I'd leave TA alone. What test kit are you using that gives the readings down to 5 ppm?

You don't need CH in a vinyl pool.

For a SWG, you should have higher CYA.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Tf 100 kit and I'm sorta reading between the lines on the drops it takes.

I have some cya to add to pool, gonna start by adding 4lbs,which says it will raise it 10 ppm. Got some baking soda to add if my TA needs to come up some.

Also got 120 lbs of salt to add, think it needs it?

5. Back To Top    #5

Your SWG is what decides if you need to add salt or not.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Well my controller says I have 2700 for salt and reading says you need to keep 3000+. Am I being to anal. I tested tonight and my FC was down to 2.5.

7. Back To Top    #7

Well if that is what the SWG is reading it may be on the verge of not generating. I would add at least 500ppm of salt.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!