new intex above ground 12 x 30 pool

emme

Jun 15, 2014
sedona, az
hi all, happy to have found this site.

we just set up our new pool this weekend. It is to be used as physical therapy for my dog and my husband recovering from knee replacement. the only level spot on our lot was the garage. So, it is in our garage and consequently not exposed to sun, much debris or the weather. We were advised that bromine might be the way to go since our dog will be using the pool as it is less irritating to the skin, eyes, etc. We want to know if we start with chlorine, can we switch to bromine? Should we just start with bromine? the start up kit we bought is chlorine but it has no instructions. Please provide if possible a detailed step by step process as to how we go about adding the proper chemicals now and how we maintain it. How often should we run the filter and for how long? How often do you change the filter? Anything else you experts think we should know, please advise. we intend to take this pool down in the Fall and store it to be used again next spring when we can level a spot outside. Thanks for your help. regards, emme

Hi emme and welcome. :wave: My mom just had 2 knee replacements done in the last 8 months.

Here are some links from Pool School that you should read as they will help you understand you new little pool. :cool:

Temporary Pool Guide
ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to Chlorinate Your Pool
Chlorine CYA Chart
Test Kit Comparison (Get the TF50 as it is smaller)
Recommended Levels
What is Trouble Free Pool Care?
Pool Calculator Instructions

I don't see why you couldn't use chlorine and have the garage door open. I understand you won't get full sun on it but I don't think, IMO, that you can go wrong with using chlorine. You could possible get away with not using stabilizer and just run a very los FC of 2ppm since the sun won't be burning it off.

Others will chime in with their opinions on this.

Hope you enjoy the forum!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.