Sinking Legs

Jun 15, 2014
Oklahoma City, Ok
I have a 18x48 inch intex pool. We have had water in it for 2 days. We had a big rain and now we have two legs that are sinking into the ground. We didn't do anything special to prep the ground because at the time it was basically level. The high filter is no longer in the water all the way. It is about halfway in (as that is now on the high side). I know it is above the 2 inches that they recommend is the max. My roommate and I had some difficulty putting it up. She didn't have her glasses in when we prepped for the pool so that caused a lot of headache. We had to rent a pump and everything to get that part fixed. I think that is part of the problem...we
Moved the pool around too much trying to fetch out all the **** that could puncture it. Now it is up and two legs are sinking. She says if we drain the pool we are getting rid of it because she can't afford to fill it up again. This pool had been quite the problem. So is there any way to fix this without draining just for the summer? We are pretty inexperienced with tools and such so if there is a way...please be VERY detailed. I had read some posts on using a jack or something else with pavers but I don't understand what they did exactly....thanks!

There are posts on the forum about people using a Jack to raise the legs and relevel. This method allows you to try and fix the problem without draining. I would suggest you drain the pool, level the ground, place papers for the legs to sit on, and then put the pool up again.

If you are that inexperienced with tools, I would suggest you do not attempt to use a jack. Some have posted that it is tricky and they can and have kicked out, hitting them.

What you need to do is take the pool down and do it right. Take the sod off the ground, level the ground, set the pavers and re-install the pool.

Unfortunately I think that like others have said you will need to drain the pool. I have a 12'x24'x48" Intex Ultraframe and the first year I have it up I didn't put paver stones under the legs and a few of them sunk down a couple inches but the pool remained standing all season. I worried about it a lot but it was okay.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.