Hard pipe ABG

Poolidiot

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2007
Texas
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I figure it is a repair so, I am going to hard pipe my ABG pool, What I need to know is, at the return and the skimmer, you have a slip fitting(where the flex hose slides over it and then you clamp it) What would you use on this fitting to connect hard pipe to it?

On our pool we have from the filter to the return eyelet from the pump a flex hose that slides over the hard PVC pipe and is clamped at both ends with an adjustable I guess you call it a ring clamp?

From the skimmer we have it hard fitted to the filter.

I used a reducing rubber boot, 2 inch to 1.5 inch. My skimmer had a small crack where someone overtightened the hose barb so I used a rubber boot to go over the cracked area. It attaches with two clamps one on the skimmer, one on the pipe. You can pick them up at lowes / HD with the DWV (drain waste vent) boots.

We have one of these to connect our pool outlet(to filter) to the hard PVC piping.
611918018362md.jpg

It can be found here: http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=23480-34146-RDTC50X40&lpage=none

HTH,
Adam

This has happened 2X in the past week --- I type a reply and it never shows up :grrrr: :scratch: The 'Fernco's' pictured are ok, but tall you need to do is remove the slip fitting and replace it with a male adapter, so you can glue the hard pipe into it. If you need any help with PVC plumbing, just ask and I'll 'walk you through it' :thumleft:

Thanks to all for the replys, I could not find a rubber boot with the 2 sizes I needed and I did not want to drain the pool below the return to be able to remove the fitting at the return and skimmer, So I think I can take a male adapter and glue the slip part over the return pc (or skimmer) and use the threaded end to screw my shut off on to, Anyone see any problems with this? Ok I am off to go play plumber :shock: I have been told, All I have to do to be a plumber is to be sure my ummmm "rear" shows when I bend over :mrgreen: Disclaimer: to any plumbers on this site , that is my attempt at humor :oops: :whoot:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.