Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sta Rite Max E Them - getting Hi Limit Switch LED error & no start

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Sta Rite Max E Them - getting Hi Limit Switch LED error & no start

Are these switches prone to fail. ??

I am getting the Hi Limit LED on the panel and the heater does not start. No fan, no nothing other than the Service Heater light.

I took the heater apart and cleaned it all out really good - as last year we had a mouse in that made a mess. It was removed from service last year working and put into a garage for the winter.

I removed the High Limit Switch and its just a 1/2 brass well inside with the two wires on the outside. I expect that if it gets too hit it shuts the system down...

Does not look like there is much to fail other than some corrosion inside the well.

Any help would be appreciated before I start throwing parts at it.

Thanks
    25k 20x40 Gunite w/ integrated Spa & Caribbean Blue Plaster, Curved Bluestone Coping, Deck Jets
    Pentair Easy Touch/Wireless, Sta-Rite Intellipro SRVS Pump, Intellibrite Lights, & Pentair IC40 Cell, Sta-Rite 450sf Cartridge filter
    Heated from Central Boiler - Outdoor Wood Furnace & Triangle Tube Max Heat Exchanger
    ColorQ Pro
    TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Sta Rite Max E Them - getting Hi Limit Switch LED error & no start

Found my answer.

Switch opens when it over heats or turns off heater.

Normally it is closed or should OHM out at 1.

B
    25k 20x40 Gunite w/ integrated Spa & Caribbean Blue Plaster, Curved Bluestone Coping, Deck Jets
    Pentair Easy Touch/Wireless, Sta-Rite Intellipro SRVS Pump, Intellibrite Lights, & Pentair IC40 Cell, Sta-Rite 450sf Cartridge filter
    Heated from Central Boiler - Outdoor Wood Furnace & Triangle Tube Max Heat Exchanger
    ColorQ Pro
    TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by blakeusa View Post
    Are these switches prone to fail. ??

last year we had a mouse in that made a mess.
    I would check/follow the hi-limit wires back to the board for integrity (mouse). Hi-limits rarely go out.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Mice love these units and they cause all sorts of issues. I have a handful of these limits going out on these units every year.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,