Skimmer Issue

kerryman71

LifeTime Supporter
May 26, 2014
Worcester, MA
I've notice at our pool that the skimmer in the shallow end of the pool never has anything in the skimmer basket. The other skimmer basket usually has debris in the bottom of
it. After looking into it further, it's almost as if there is no suction at the shallow end skimmer. This skimmer is furthest from the pump and filter, so I understand that it would
be weaker than the closer one, but it's almost non-existent. I plugged the other skimmer using the gizmo and the suction in the shallow end skimmer became evident. I left it
like that for a little while thinking maybe there was a slight blockage and this would free it up, but it didn't happen. My next brainstorm was to vac the pool through that
skimmer, as we usually vac it through the other one. Again, I figured by doing this is may free up any blockage. It would work for about 10 seconds and then the pump would
kick off. We'd reset the pump and try it again but once again the pump kicked off. We finally gave up on it but I'm still wondering what may be wrong with it. Maybe
there's nothing wrong and it's normal. Any thoughts or suggestions?

John

PS Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.