Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Skimmer Issue

1. Back To Top    #1

Worcester, MA

Skimmer Issue

I've notice at our pool that the skimmer in the shallow end of the pool never has anything in the skimmer basket. The other skimmer basket usually has debris in the bottom of
    it. After looking into it further, it's almost as if there is no suction at the shallow end skimmer. This skimmer is furthest from the pump and filter, so I understand that it would
    be weaker than the closer one, but it's almost non-existent. I plugged the other skimmer using the gizmo and the suction in the shallow end skimmer became evident. I left it
    like that for a little while thinking maybe there was a slight blockage and this would free it up, but it didn't happen. My next brainstorm was to vac the pool through that
    skimmer, as we usually vac it through the other one. Again, I figured by doing this is may free up any blockage. It would work for about 10 seconds and then the pump would
    kick off. We'd reset the pump and try it again but once again the pump kicked off. We finally gave up on it but I'm still wondering what may be wrong with it. Maybe
    there's nothing wrong and it's normal. Any thoughts or suggestions?

PS Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there!
    IG 33K Gallons 20'X40', Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter S310T2 (zeolite), Pentair Intelliflo 3HP SVRS Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Houston, TX

Re: Skimmer Issue

Sounds like a blockage to me. A drain king might help you free it up.
    TFP Moderator Chris V. ~16K Pool & Spa, 48NSF DE, IG Plaster Circa 2000, Intermatic PE653, Challenger pump with a 2 speed B2984, 20gal stenner chlorine injection, Houston, TX
    One cannot follow Islam and Christianity at the same time, nor can one follow pool store methods and TFP at the same time.
    Pool School -- Pool Math -- TF-Test Kit