CYA Test Measurement Question

mickey4paws

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 10, 2009
S.E. MI
Pool is looking good. I added CYA about two weeks ago and if I'm reading the test results correctly, my CYA is 60. My question is my CYA mixing bottle's label is a bit crooked, and so I wondered if I could just add my pool water and R-13 to a mixing vial. Then use my Speedstir to mix it, and then put it in the CYA mixing bottle to be able to pour it into the CYA tube. My problem is I'm not quite sure of the ratio of how much pool water and how much R-13 to add to the vial for the correct ratio.

If anyone could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Today's testing results:

FC 5.5
CC 0
TA 80
PH 7.4 (it was at 7.2 after the CYA had a week to dissolve)
CYA 60 (and I still find this test difficult to read)
CH (didn't do as I have vinyl pool, but last time testing was ok)
Water temp 80

I'd just fill that bottle to the midpoint of the "crooked" label and call it good. Test is plus or minus 10% anyhow, and we always round up or down in increments of 5 whichever is closer. You're still miles ahead of pool store testing.

Ok, thanks guys, I appreciate it. I sometimes tend to get a bit OCD over these tests, especially this one. I usually do the reading part of the test a couple times. Then, I ask my husband to do it. Finally, when we both are close to each other's findings, then I relax :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.