Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CYA Test Measurement Question

1. Back To Top    #1

CYA Test Measurement Question

Pool is looking good. I added CYA about two weeks ago and if I'm reading the test results correctly, my CYA is 60. My question is my CYA mixing bottle's label is a bit crooked, and so I wondered if I could just add my pool water and R-13 to a mixing vial. Then use my Speedstir to mix it, and then put it in the CYA mixing bottle to be able to pour it into the CYA tube. My problem is I'm not quite sure of the ratio of how much pool water and how much R-13 to add to the vial for the correct ratio.

If anyone could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Today's testing results:

FC 5.5
    CC 0
    TA 80
    PH 7.4 (it was at 7.2 after the CYA had a week to dissolve)
    CYA 60 (and I still find this test difficult to read)
    CH (didn't do as I have vinyl pool, but last time testing was ok)
    Water temp 80
    IG 12' x 39' - 20k Gallons - Vinyl Lined - StaRite Cristal-Flo II 26" Sand Filter - Hayward SuperPump 1 hp - Dolphin Dynamic autocleaner - Lochinvar Energyrite gas heater - Aqua Rite SWCG T-15 - TF100 Test Kit - Skimlite Duallly 9016 pole (great pole)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CYA Test Measurement Question

As long as you mix half pool water and half reagent, your test will be good.

3. Back To Top    #3

I'd just fill that bottle to the midpoint of the "crooked" label and call it good. Test is plus or minus 10% anyhow, and we always round up or down in increments of 5 whichever is closer. You're still miles ahead of pool store testing.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Ok, thanks guys, I appreciate it. I sometimes tend to get a bit OCD over these tests, especially this one. I usually do the reading part of the test a couple times. Then, I ask my husband to do it. Finally, when we both are close to each other's findings, then I relax
    IG 12' x 39' - 20k Gallons - Vinyl Lined - StaRite Cristal-Flo II 26" Sand Filter - Hayward SuperPump 1 hp - Dolphin Dynamic autocleaner - Lochinvar Energyrite gas heater - Aqua Rite SWCG T-15 - TF100 Test Kit - Skimlite Duallly 9016 pole (great pole)