Matrix vs Venture...which for saltwater?

May 26, 2013
Tennessee
I posted this question in another part of the forum but got no replies so I am trying here. And if this needs to be asked somewhere else please let me know! I am looking at two pools. Both by Sharkline. The Matrix and the Venture. The Matrix is great for saltwater, as it is resin parts. But the Venture is partly resin (top and bottom rails are resin). The uprights are steel, coated with what they call Krystal Kote for protection against chemicals and UV damage. So my question is, would the Venture be alright for saltwater? I don't want to end up with a pile of rust! Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Hi there,
I dont have any experience directly with either pool, but will throw in my .02.

Saltwater will take its toll on aything that is made of steel. Even if its zinc or galvanized. I have my doubts if the Krystal Kote is as good as either zinc or galavanizing. Expecially over the lifespan of the pool.

Its your decision, but if it were me, I would stay away from anything made of steel if the pool is going to have salt in it.

I have a steel powder coated patio table that Ive had for 7 years under my covered patio. Its been rust free for that long.

Finished my pool build in November. A few times, I have laid a wet net or broom on the table, or a wet towel over the chair.
In less than 3 months, with just a little exposure to the SW, that table has started to rust - quick. I doubt if my poor table will last the rest of the summer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.