LifeTime Supporter
Aug 9, 2013
Pennsylvania
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I added the pH Increaser exact amount it said. Mixed it in a big bucket and added it throughout the day yesterday, last being 9:00 at night. Swam at least 30 minutes every time to distribute. (We have no electric)

Now my pH is at 8.2 and chlorine is back at zero. We are having a Fathers Day cookout with my whole family and swimming was a big part of it.

I just Put my target chorine in at 5 and it said to add 62 oz bleach.

Should I now add pH reducer. I have Otex pH Decreaser I can use. Can I slowly add it and stir it around with net and swimming?

Is it safe for swimming????

UGGGGHHHHH!!!!! Please help!

Did you have your TA set in the now column when calculating you pH adjustment? The pH is for comfort, but you must get FC in the pool to be safe.

Are you adding FC every day?

I just added 15 oz pH reducer and 62 oz bleach. Three of us swam and made a whirl pool, lots of kicking for 45 minutes.

pH test just said 7.5!!! Too good to be true?

FC = 4
CC = 0
TC = 0
TA = 110

I can't wait till electric goes in tomorrow! (Fingers crossed)

MermaidMama

18' Round x 52" Doughboy AGP
Powerline XP Pump 1.5 HP
Aquaview 20"Sand Filter
8200 gallons ~ TF-100 Test Kit

Did you have your TA set in the now column when calculating you pH adjustment? The pH is for comfort, but you must get FC in the pool to be safe.

Are you adding FC every day?

Yes, I've been testing and did have TA set. I think with 0 CYA it's just eating up the chlorine. If you see above, I added and it's testing FC at 4 so I'm good now.

Should I add a little more bleach before the picnic? Or just add it after?

MermaidMama

Powerline XP Pump 1.5 HP
Aquaview 20"Sand Filter

Have you add CYA yet? If not, the FC will be lost to the sun in a few hours.

Jblizzle, I've been scared to add CYA since I have no electric and filter/return running. I've been swimming to disperse. Should I have? Too late now.

MermaidMama

Powerline XP Pump 1.5 HP
Aquaview 20"Sand Filter

Should I be using the dichlor for chlorine and have it raise CYA?

Just tested. The chlorine is back at .5.

Guess I'll add more bleach??

MermaidMama

Powerline XP Pump 1.5 HP
Aquaview 20"Sand Filter

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.