new pump for pool cleaner, only option?

Dec 16, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Unfortunately after just adding a new VS pump to my system, my booster pump is now leaking water at the head and making some low level screeching noises (happened about 2-3 weeks after new primary pump went in). At this point I'm shopping for a new pump. The booster pump is 11 years old.

Is this the one option for the Polaris 280? Or anything else to consider?
http://www.amazon.com/Zodiac-PB4-60-Polaris-Booster-60-Hertz/dp/B000786GKS/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t

Also, what RPM should I set my primary VS pump when I run the cleaning cycle on the booster pump/Polaris? Or do I need to be running the primary VS pump at all?

That booster pump is fine.

The main pump must be running any time you are using the booster pump. However, the speed of the main pump doesn't really matter as far as the booster is concerned. Run the main pump at whatever speed you would normally be running it at.

Sounds good, thanks for all of the input... new pump going in this week. I noticed while doing some research that mine is missing that little gray mesh/foam thing that sits on the end of the tail when it whips around. Worth replacing that or getting some extras?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.