Calcuim Hypo Tablets

May 26, 2011
Orange, TX
Why is it that the only brand of Cal-Hypo tablets I can find locally is at Wal-mart in the HTH brand? I know you can get the AccuTab online, but I figured through the pool stores & or other areas, tablets would be available. I'm needing to raise my CA while lowering the CYA and thus, wanted to use Cal-Hypo for awhile. The research I recall states HTH isn't a great product, with many unwanted fillers, but I was hoping to use a tablet in the skimmer vs pouring granular everyday. Is there something horribly wrong with using their skimmer tablets vs using a quality granular product? Why is it they are the only tablets I can find easily?

On a separate, but similar subject what is different with using the Calcium Hypochlorite made for Aerobic Septic Systems in a swimming pool? These are tablets with higher available chlorine content, although still difficult to find.

Thanks

Cal-hypo tablets placed in the skimmer dissolve in minutes, and often leave a sticky residue, so you might as well use powdered cal-hypo. There are various attempts to make a slow dissolving cal-hypo tablet, but none of them actually worked out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.