Documenting My Build

How did you support your bar-overhang/ledge? Does it flex at all? I don't see any angled supports in th pics. Sorry if I missed it in your thread. I'm just curious; I may have went overboard with my ODK build in using hefty L-Brackets inside the metal channel.

Sorry for the delay--haven't been on in awhile. Yes I used bar supports...learned big lesson too. Used 2 different kinds at alternate support studs. Started off using what the guy that sells the manual (I think) suggested ... regular shelf bracket supports from lowes/hd ... once I started putting in wasn't getting the hang of the install (angles involved with the raised portion of the brackets). So-went back to HD and got some flat steel angled supports and I alternated those with the shelf bracket supports. Problem ... ? the FLAT angles had holes to screw into but couldn't screw durock into the steel portion of the supports on top ...DUH! So the supports have to be upright angle supports where the flat portion screws into the wide portion of the bar support. It then allows for easy screw in of the Durock on top of the bar. Dumb rookie mistake but the bar is plenty strong!

Here is a pic of one:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.