Hillsborough, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My copper levels is .4 ppm (according to the local pool store).

Should I be concerned? I do have a heater and it has been used and I have a vinyl pool. I do not have any stains in the pool and and all swimmers have dark hair so no green hair. Is it worth adding sequestrants? All my levels are in order also.

Pool store test results are not all that reliable, and vinyl pools are much less likely to get stains compared to other surfaces. On the other hand the threshold for staining is usually right around 0.3.

Is there anywhere the copper might have come from? Copper is almost never in fill water. It really comes from algaecides containing copper (only a few of them), PH being extremely low etching copper out of a heater, and mineral/ionizer systems. If you haven't used any of those products and haven't had low PH, the test result is almost certainly wrong. On the other hand if there is an obvious possible source of copper, it might be worth using some sequestrant.

I never use the pool store for test results except to test for copper since I have always been told I had high levels and don't know how else to test for it. Before I started using the TFP method, I was using algaecides and for years the chlorinator was feeding into my heater (which was done by the pool installers). Since 2 years ago, I stopped using algaecides and corrected the chloriator issue and my overall copper levels have dropped significantly. Not sure why I still have .4 ppm though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.