.? Regarding seepage or leak of above ground pool

Jun 14, 2014
Orange,ca
We are at the tail end of a very rough road with our pb . We are scheduled to do a final walk thru in a couple of weeks . Water was added to pool a few days ago . I am noticing one area of the coping at the corner of the elevated spa that never dries out . This picture was taken 1st thing in the morning and shows a pretty good visual of what I am talking about . My concern is pb will tell me this is normal and that all spas have water at the corner . Can anyone shed any light on this for me ? Sure would appreciate all response .
As a side note the landscaper came by to work on sprinkler system in planters . Landscaper said all piping under new decking is broken and that all PVC laid by pb is useless . He is going to remove and cap off valves to broken pipes .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 52
If you have not made full and final payment, I would hold on to that check until this is resolved.

Welcome to TFP.

Looks like you have a slow leak in the side of your spa, no that doesn't look normal and if you paid him to lay pipes and they are broken you shouldn't be paying for that either unless a different crew did the deck and broke them (not one hired by PB).

Same builder did decking . Now I am freaked out about everything . I just noticed the kreepy krawly he put in is for above ground pools . Think I am going to have to address this with him as well .

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Casey , no we haven't paid the final payment yet . He wanted us to though and hold back a little for incidentals . Luckily we didn't . Do you know if this is a simple fix ?

If you look at the decking it looks like there's a water stain along the edge of your wall where it puddled and dried so it's probably a bigger leak/seepage than it looks, the heat in the concrete just dries it out. If it's just in a corner joint it may not take much for them to fix and reseal it, I don't know. It could be in the piping inside the wall or floor too. Hopefully they can figure it out without tearing out the spa and doing it over.

I can't say if it's easy. Sure doesn't look like it. :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.