Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Taylor 9193 CYA View Tube

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Taylor 9193 CYA View Tube

For using this Taylor 9193 CYA view tube , can I use my Taylor mixing tube that uses 7 ml of test water + 7 ml(K-2006) of reagent?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Taylor 9193 CYA View Tube

No.

I just filled mine to the rim and then poured it into a graduated cylinder. It holds 30 ml to the top. If you only had 14 ml of sample and low CYA, you wouldn't be able to get a reading.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah, thanks. That's what I thought. I just re-tested my CYA and wanted to use this tube and realized that the volume of it was larger that my other tube. From what I gather, I have the same reagent needed but what is the required volume (ml) of the mixture? /edit/ still just 50/50?

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by DaneCE View Post
    Yeah, thanks. That's what I thought. I just re-tested my CYA and wanted to use this tube and realized that the volume of it was larger that my other tube. From what I gather, I have the same reagent needed but what is the required volume (ml) of the mixture?
    I'd guess 15 ml of reagent and 15 ml of water, just in case it goes all the way to the top.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!