Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: [GA] Beach Entry slope code

1. Back To Top    #1

[GA] Beach Entry slope code

Hello, new to the forum long time lurker.

I am currently in the brainstorming/money saving stage so about 2-3 years from breaking ground.

I'm slowly getting my mind set on round corner T shaped shotcrete pool with a beach entry.

I've read through the Cobb County Georgia pool code (which reads like it is for public pools only) it says the beach entry slope must be 1:12' (8.3%) until it reaches the deep end or slope break. Then with pools that go deeper than 5' you can have a max 30% slope on the floor.

My question is how long do you think a beach entry ramp must legally be then?

From the way the code reads, couldn't I have a 4' long entry then 'slope break' to something more productive like 18%+?

I'm not a fan of stairs or dropoffs or ladders so I plan on keeping the pool small enough to not require two entry points.

Has anyone here built a pool in cobb county ga?

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW PA

Re: [GA] Beach Entry slope code

Welcome to TFP Ryan!

I can't help you with your question but it would be great if you stuck around and once you start, that you could share your pool build. It sounds really nice!

I'm sure someone can help you with this though!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

For a residential pool or commercial the 1:12 rule is your guideline. This is what the fed deems to be safe so any reputable builder will follow those rules.
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics

4. Back To Top    #4

Gonzales, La

Look around at other threads with beach entries and PM the person. Most will be more than willing to measure and help you out.
    15x36 Gunite w/Diamond Brite(Bahama Breeze plaster), 3.5-6', Pentair Easytouch Automation panel, Pentair 3HP VS pump, Pentair CNC 420 filter, Pentair 5G color changing light, Polaris 360 cleaner w/booster, Pentair IC-20 SWG
    My pool build