nicpppardo

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 4, 2013
pH 7.2
TA 50
CH 775
CYA 60
TC 6

In SoCal, calcium hardness is my troublespot. 775 is after emptying half the pool during spring (and now it's too hot out here to bother again until fall...), so I try to keep my pH at 7.2 to keep my hardness from going up. In the process, my TA has started going down consistently and not rising at all.

Any suggestions? What is the lowest I can keep my TA?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't usually recommend using the CSI for most people because it is usually not necessary and creates unnecessary complication. However, with your situation, I would recommend using the CSI to make sure that your water is not oversaturated or undersaturated. As long as the CSI is about -0.3 to about +0.3, you should be fine.

My TA sits around 60-70 and my CH is about the same. Do you use a speedstir to run the CH test? When I went from manual swirling to the speedstir, my CH results dropped a couple hundred ppm. It can mix the water way better than you can and its wrist doesn't get tired.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.