Grading problems for a 24 ft round.

Hi guys, new user here. I am currently trying to get the ground level for my pool and ran into a problem. The high end grade has been cut almost 4 foot and can't be lowered anymore because of the deck I want to put on that side. My question is, what is the best way to raise the low end (about a foot) and not have a sinking problems? The low side is far left and far center.

pool.jpg

Re: grading problems for a 30 ft round.

Grade it some more and create a step down from your current deck....?

Or raise it with the dirt (if there is any) from the excavation or bring in a truckload, and compact it with a tamper or plate compactor (rent it).... I would think you should be fine

Crusher, Crush n Run, 2a modified. It goes by a few different names in different regions but you can use this to add. Start out 4ft past the perimeter of the pool in 6" lifts and run a plate compactor over it. Add 6" lifts as you work your way up to level. As you go up, you'll get closer to the outside wall. You could also make a retaining wall to keep it in as the edges will slurry a bit in rain and look loose. This is the only way you can do it.

Please keep us posted! I know pwrstrk did this. I was going to do it but didn't end up needing to.

- - - Updated - - -

Grade it some more and create a step down from your current deck....?

Or raise it with the dirt (if there is any) from the excavation or bring in a truckload, and compact it with a tamper or plate compactor (rent it).... I would think you should be fine

You can NOT! NOT! NOT! use dirt!

You should be able too! You need to do it ASAP so the grass can root it and help hold it. Put dirt around the slope and plant it. :goodjob:

Take lots of pics!!! Would love to see how you progress and it turns out! We'll be here if you have any questions.

Yup disturbed dirt will not be sufficient to support the weight of your pool.... You need what Casey has mentioned, it does go by many names... I'm levelling at the moment and it sux....

Deck box for cleaning equipment and chemicals

deckbox_zpsb3e74b5f.jpg

My calendar says it's TUESDAY! :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Great job! So glad it worked out for you!!! Can't wait to see it finished!

I got the liner and rails put in also but it was to dark to take a picture. BTW...what's the best method for trimming the liner for the skimmer? I know that the pool should be about half way full but do you trim it even with the wall cut-out or cut a x pattern and overlap it?

DSCN0340_zps1361b960.jpg

DSCN0339_zps41886d02.jpg

You want to take the butterfly gasket and put it on the outside of the pool between the liner and pool wall. It's going to saddle the opening. Put the skimmer box up to the pool and add the screws through the face plate (the white plastic piece on the inside of the pool) and the liner, through the gasket and into the skimmer box. Once the box is on, cut the liner by tracing it with the utility knife and you should be good to go.

Any problems or questions, just ask! The pool is looking good!

Enjoy the rest of your summer and have a Happy 4th of July!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.