Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Small particles floating around the water.

1. Back To Top    #1

Small particles floating around the water.

I have vacuumed my pool since the bottom of the pool had so much of small particles of dirt on it and now the small particles are floating all around in the water and it seems like it will take forever to remove it. Any help will be appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Small particles floating around the water.

Run your pump and consider adding a smidgeon of DE on top of the sand to help collect the bits better. When you vacuum, do so painfully slow so as to not stir up the debris.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

We tried that today but stirred it all up. Hoping we don't have to empty the pool and start over.

4. Back To Top    #4

Before everyone gets out of the pool for the day, have them run around the edge and create a whirlpool and get out one at a time. Any sand and grit will end up settling in the center. Then hopefully you can sneak up on it later with the vacuum. Let the vacuum draw the silt into itself, move painfully slow.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Great idea Rich, I use to do that as a kid but never thought of it now. No one has really been able to get in it as of yet as the water is not warm enough yet. 62 it is.