Yellow dust at bottom of pool

Jun 14, 2014
Hello. I am new at this whole forum thing and new with pool stuff so forgive me if I struggle. This is the 2nd summer I have had my pool. It is a 18x36 I believe. I live in North Alabama. My pool is a chlorine pool. I have tested my water and everything is right on point. My water is clear and has been clear for the past month. In this month I have had this yellow/green looking stuff settled at the bottom of the pool. I have put algaecide in and that didn't help. I vacuum to waste using my hand vac and all that does is stir it up. It's like dust. I don't know what to do or even where to start now. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I will post a pic of my pool an what it looks like to help.
anunyga4.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum. Algaecide is a preventative------not a cure, and we rarely recommend it. Please post a full set of test results. Also, add a signature line to you profile and list your equipment and such. What is your clean filter pressure and what does it do after you vac? How are you chlorinating? For thye moment, I'd keep it brushed/stirred up and keep it filtering and see what it does. Pollen perhaps? Let's hope so!

I took a water sample to our local pool place and my test results are
Total Hardness: 250
Total Chlorine: 1
Free Chlorine: 1
PH: 7.8
Total Alkalinity:100
Stabilizer: 30

I fixed all of my information in my signature line. I hope it worked.

18x36 24,000gal,IG vinyl,AO Smith electic motor 1.0HP,Hayward pro series Sand filter 62GPM,3.14sq ft model S244T

Welcome to TFP

You need to get a good test kit. That "could" be pollen but I would suspect that the major pollen dust season from pine trees is well over there. With your FC of 1 it could also definitely be algae.

How are you chlorinating?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.