support leg placement and level.

Jun 14, 2014
summerville sc
I am a new owner of a 22' AG intex ultra frame pool. I just finished the set up and fill for the 3rd time and I am still having issues with the positioning of the legs and the level of the water line. My pool is advertised as 52" deep, right now it is 45" ( I measured about 5" away from the wall) on the deep side and 41" on the low. I used some 2"x6"x8" support pads under the feet around the low side then dropped down to 1"x6"x10" around the middle then nothing on the high side.
My question is if I jack up the low side of the pool, the deeper water side, and added another inch of support on top of the 2x6 would that help level the water line? My thought is raising the support legs will only raise the liner seam and not really adjust the water line..

Also, are the legs supposed to be vertically level in&out left&right or is the pool liner supposed to push against the legs?

Thanks in advance for your time and advice

I will post pics as soon as I figure out how.

By jacking up the leg, all you would end up doing is leveling to top rails of the pool out and putting a lot of extra stress on the liner. Did you level your ground before putting up the pool, and the legs just sank? Or id the ground just not level enough?

the ground was level. I believe that the weight of the water compacted the dirt more under the one side. I've set the pool up 3 times and this is the 2nd time I've filled it. The first time I filled it, it was a foot difference from high side to low side.

I had the same problem when I set mine up. The first time I just tried shifting the dirt to make it level but after a few days it compacted the loose dirt and made the whole thing way off to one side. The second time I dug down and put the pool on hard soil, but it wasn't quite level so it was still a few inches off on one side. I left it for the summer then drained it for the winter. The next summer I releveled the ground and it was within half a square so it was about as perfect as it could get. It was fine all last summer so last winter I left it up and just winterized it. This summer however the leg right near the ladder has sank a good 3" into the dirt. I assume it's because of all the water that gets dripped there when people are getting in and out. This winter I'm going to drain it again and put some bricks or pavers under the legs to keep them from sinking next summer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.