How did YOU find TFP?

How did you find TFP?

• Total voters
google...back when I was researching pools...then made an acct when we decided to take the plunge....Getting on this forum was the best decision I've made in recent history.

We wanted to buy a house with a pool when I transferred duty stations. So I hit up Google to learn proper pool care, which led me here. I spent days absorbing the new knowledge. :study: Wasn't looking good when we were house hunting, but we lucked out with our current home which has the pool in my signature. The week we were closing on the house I registered here, ordered a TF-100 and a Speedstir. Had to drain around 14,000 gallons soon after we moved in due to previous owner's use of trichlor and cal-hypo, I don't fault them for that though, just whichever pool store they used. That was the only major thing I've had to do to our pool.

Thanks to the knowledge gained here, I have never been "pool stored"! :D

After getting a free pool from the neighbors and after pool store advice not working several years later, went on a google search re: high calcium and cloudy water problems. Stumbled on TFP. Love the info and the great advice. When I find out someone has a pool - even total strangers (and I have stalked them outside the pool store) LOL, I tell everyone about TFP. Almost everyone looks at me like I'm crazy.
Could it be the stalking part?

:lovetfp:

Last edited:
You can lead a horse to pool water, but you can't make em clean it TFPC style!

I, or my wife, have told three people we know with pools about this site. One guy is a coworker, and he hasn't gotten to green swamp stage yet since his pool is only a couple years old. The other two have had bad experiences, and have seen how beautiful our pool is. I talked to one of them about it last season, and they asked for more info a few days ago. The third one saw my wife's Facebook post when I opened our pool several days ago. It was crystal clear with only a couple leaves and a handful of worms on the bottom. Still had chlorine in it from when I closed it, and was in better shape than theirs had ever been, even after sitting there covered for the last five months. I love TFP, because it really is trouble free. I hope they all jump on the bandwagon. If they are open minded, they will be on board soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have TRIED to help a couple of people but they are not willing to listen YET. I bet once their CYA gets high enough they start seeing algae they will be calling and asking for my info!

Forget the fact that I have shown them my spread sheet with the yearly costs for my pool I leave open all year. Even with the cost of the good test kit I spent less money for the WHOLE year than they did just for the summer!

Kim

After getting tired of draining my pool and being sold something "needed" every time I went to Leslie's I decided to research how to maintain a pool. I eventually landed on this amazing site and have been coming here ever since. I've been here for a few years now and got my brother started here proper from day one when he bought his pool with a house. Can't thank everyone enough for providing this site.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I stumbled on TFP while looking up pool pictures and researching how I wanted my pool to be built, and trying to figure out how to care for it once it is completed. While exciting, having never owned a pool, the thought of doing all the care was (and at times still is) overwhelming.
I followed a link to Pool School and here I am - "poolin' it" (as hubby says) almost daily.
Love the site, LOVE the people!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.