How did YOU find TFP?

How did you find TFP?

• Total voters
I found it by accident as I was looking for a nice pool forum and low and behold, I stumbled across a brand new forum in the making that had a lot of people who knew what they were talking about and I never left. That was in April 2007! Sometimes it's hard to believe it's been 7 years! This place is by far one of the best forums out there! :cool:

I also found it through a search on the web. I wonder how many people have actually listened when I tell them about this site. I was hoping to see a lot of referrals on this poll. I think of all the money and heartache I have saved by finding it and was hoping to help others do the same.

I took a left turn at Greenland!
Seriously, believe it or not it was a clerk at Leslie's that ultimately led me here. He was telling me I could use baking soda to correct my pH, and being my skeptical self I googled it and found TFP! Turns out what he told me was wrong, (he had it backwards) but still I am grateful his advice put me on the way to TFP.

They drug me here kicking and screaming I tell ya'!

Googled it before the pool went up, and honestly can't understand why people wait until their pool is built/installed/up and filled before worrying about how to take care of it. Just floors me.

I was moving from Newport, RI to Sacramento. I had never had any pool experience; never even had friends with pools, but I knew if I was going to live in 100+ degree summers I was going to buy a house with a pool. Found this website and joined months before even owning a pool. I am one of the rare few that has never been pool stored. Literally the only thing I've ever bought from a pool store is liquid chlorine and MA. Never had a pool store test done. I'm a genuine child of Zion (matrix reference).

Googled it before the pool went up, and honestly can't understand why people wait until their pool is built/installed/up and filled before worrying about how to take care of it. Just floors me.

Floors me too but that's how I got here. :oops: I searched for information about the system I bought and had my eyes opened by this forum. Thankfully, I wasn't too far into being pool stored to cause major problems.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I found TFP when we moved into our house of 3 years now and knew nothing about pools. Thankfully I absorbed all the information on this site and have only gone to the pool store to get parts. My pool looks amazing thanks to TFP !!

I was trying to learn about maintaining water in a hot tub and ran across some of chem geek's posts about the dichlor-bleach method over on PoolSpaForum (I think).

When it came time to find the posts again, I didn't remember the forum name but I remembered chem geek's username... Google led me here, and now you're stuck with me.

We found a house with a pool. As the at home spouse I had to take care of it. I got rid of all five fish tanks (100, 60, 50, 30, & 10 gallon planted tanks with discus and other freshwater fish) and left behind the 300 gallon goldfish pond. The new house and pool would be work, I was done with fish.

In searching for pool information I found TFP. It was clear immediately that this was a friendly helpful place. I sat up at night reading the archives from top to bottom, maybe 47 pages in the longest set at that time.

Even so, I used strips and tabs all that winter and the pool was overstabilized by April when I got a real test kit. I know it had been drained and filled post hurricane so it was perfectly balanced in November when we moved in.

My cover blow in to the pool over the winter due to user error trying to weigh it down. All the leaves in it I couldn't get it clear and just couldn't understand why it was a constant white. Convinced myself it was the TA and was searching for a way to fix it. After reading about the "acid slug" and it not making any sense to me I kept searching and found real answers here. Still took me a while to read enough about SLAM (then still known as "the shock process") to implement it, but eventually I did get the water clear, the Pool Frog removed, and over the next couple years getting myself in order.

Took over as condo association president last October. Immersed myself in everything in regards to the property which includes a pool. When I really think of it, that's the one thing that could really
cause problems for the resident if not operated correctly. Found this site looking for info and it has been a wealth of knowledge even if it is a semi public pool that we're running. Quite a few residents have commented that
the pool looks the best its looked in years. Naturally I have to agree :).

John

I was fighting some really bad stains on my vinyl floor. I had just bought a huge filter and pump. and stumbled here.... I dont remember the exact links or searches but I was hooked reading the frog pond to clear stories. I tell everyone I run into that has an interest in pools about this place.... Thanks to everyone for making this a great community.
Sometimes I really wish there was a "like" button. Richard really cracks me up.. Arnold Schwartenagger as the "Chlorinator" !!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.