Cloudy pool, DE question

Sep 3, 2013
Hey guys,

Day 13 of SLAM, and I think I would like to add DE to the filter. Pool has been blue and cloudy X 1 week.

Here are my results from this AM

FC 11
CC 0.5 (maybe, was very light)

Lost 1ppm overnight.

My CYA is o.

Quick question to verify DE process. So I think I am to put 1/4 cup DE in bucket with water and add slowly, repeating process until gauge raises 1?

Once it raises up 1, then I stop adding DE...at what point do I backwash?

After I backwash, Do I add DE again?

Thanks!

Don't keep adding looking for the 1 psi rise. If you haven't seen it rise after a couple cups, stop.

When the pressure rises 25% or the flow is noticeably reduced, then backwash. That is, you started at 15, the DE puts it to 16, when you get to 20, backwash. Whatever your particular values are. After you backwash, you will need to add DE again. Use the same amount you used the first time, no need to add it in stages again.

Ok, got It!

Planning on getting the CYA up, however I have a leak in the pool that should be fixed by Monday. Guy couldn't come until the pool was cleared up some. Thank goodness it has been a very cloudy gloomy week here!

Thanks a bunch (once again!!!)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.