Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rat poo

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide
    Columbia SC

Rat poo

Upon rescuing a live rat this morning balencing itself on the weir door overnight and discovering it's droppings all over the steps. Would you elevate CL to a higher level for peace of mind???

Droppings are vacuumed and filter back washed and SWG running.
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mandeville, Louisiana

Re: Rat poo

I am sure someone will weigh in on this with more experience but I think you will need to SLAM the pool. Read this
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

While may not be required, you could raise the FC up to SLAM level for at least a day. I assume you already scooped it out?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Houston, Texas

I vote for a 24 hour slam then an OCLT. Rats carry some nasty stuff. Probably overkill but I'd do it for the peace of mind.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!