what do i use for Stabilizer

Jul 17, 2008
I read pool school and tested my pool water.
Went to the pool calculator and enter the info.
My FC is 0 and it said add 85 oz of bleach.
MY PH is 7.5 so i do nothing.
My TA is 93 so i add 65 oz of baking soda.
My CH is 215 so i add 68 oz of calcium chloride from lowes
My CYA is 0 and it said add 54 oz of stabilizer.
My question is if i use bleach, baking soda and calcium chloride for
the other chem. what do i use use for the stabilizer.

I read a lot and couldn't find it.

Thanks,

MAKE SURE you put the stabilizer in a sock and throw the sock in your skimmer basket. Dont backwash your filter for about a week because it can take that long for your CYA to get into your water.
If you have a vinyl liner your TA looks fine to me. A little on the low side but if it were me I wouldnt worry about.

As far as your FC, I myself personally dont like half used jugs of bleach laying around so if the calcullator calls for 85 oz as your does I would just pour 1 96 oz jug in. The chlorine is going to burn its self off in the long run. JMO

It would also help a lot if you put your type of pool, gallons and equipment in your signature so when we reply to questons we can see what were dealing with and help you better.

Good Luck !!

I bought CYA at Walmart; not all Walmart's have it. Before you buy "Stabilizer," make sure that it's CYA only and doesn't have a bunch of other chemicals in there.

CYA is cyanuric acid, also called stabilizer or conditioner. It is only sold by pool stores and in the pool departments of some big box stores.

You don't need to hit all of the numbers suggested by my Pool Calculator exactly. Take a look at this article for suggested ranges for different kinds of pools.

CYA is cyanuric acid, also called stabilizer or conditioner. It is only sold by pool stores and in the pool departments of some big box stores.

You don't need to hit all of the numbers suggested by my Pool Calculator exactly. Take a look at this article for suggested ranges for different kinds of pools.
Looks like the link you posted no longer works:

I realize this is an old post, but it came up for me just now when searching for stabilizer. I found this in the Pool School section which might be the update link?

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.