OMG Frogs!

Jun 1, 2014
Monterey Tn
When we opened the pool there was a couple of frogs in it and tons of tadpoles and eggs. Got it all out and cleaned up, last night we walked out and looked at the pool with the solar cover on it and OMG, I swear there was about 100 frogs on top of the cover. We have had so so much rain here, is that why? and how do we get them to stay off the solar cover and out of my pool? Don't really want to share my swimming with frogs (BTW my grandkids came last night from out of state and thinks it cool with all the frogs. LOL!) Anyway I am getting tired of cleaning out frog eggs every day.

On the bright side, if you have that many frogs your ecosystem is thriving! I'm not sure how to keep them out of your pool. Maybe a higher chlorine content will detract them? Or maybe it would just kill them? Not sure. Hopefully someone will have an answer. Good luck!

Post a set of current test results. I don't know if your pool chemistry has anything to do with your pool being the prime frog-whoopie pond in the area but its a good place to start!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.