Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: OMG Frogs!

1. Back To Top    #1

OMG Frogs!

When we opened the pool there was a couple of frogs in it and tons of tadpoles and eggs. Got it all out and cleaned up, last night we walked out and looked at the pool with the solar cover on it and OMG, I swear there was about 100 frogs on top of the cover. We have had so so much rain here, is that why? and how do we get them to stay off the solar cover and out of my pool? Don't really want to share my swimming with frogs (BTW my grandkids came last night from out of state and thinks it cool with all the frogs. LOL!) Anyway I am getting tired of cleaning out frog eggs every day.
    19300 gal (27x54), AG, 22"Millenium Ultimate Granular Filtration w/2HP 2SP Pump,
    July 2013, Polaris 65 Vac, Confer AG Curve Step System, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit, Nordic Sport Hot Tub 300 gal, 78.5"R X35"D

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: OMG Frogs!

On the bright side, if you have that many frogs your ecosystem is thriving! I'm not sure how to keep them out of your pool. Maybe a higher chlorine content will detract them? Or maybe it would just kill them? Not sure. Hopefully someone will have an answer. Good luck!
    16,000 gallon Oval Vinyl Liner Pool (new liner 2014)
    Custom built in 1999 to be half in-ground and half out (sloped yard) vermiculite bottom, laser sighted to Florida Room and Deck
    Purex Triton Model cc100 Cartridge Filter, 100 gpm flow rate, Penfair 1HP Pump
    TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Post a set of current test results. I don't know if your pool chemistry has anything to do with your pool being the prime frog-whoopie pond in the area but its a good place to start!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Try Critter Skimmer skimmer covers. I have used them for a year and have not had a dead frog since! I was averaging 1-2 per day. I live on a lake so frogs and toads are abundant.
    20k gal. plaster pool with infinity edge, Pentair CCP 420 filter, IC 40 SWG, InteliFlow 3hp VS pump, Pentair EasyTouch control panel, Screen Logic iPhone controller, Polaris cleaner, "Critter Skimmer" skimmer covers

5. Back To Top    #5

on no the frogs are not dead they are on top of the cover and lay eggs, never seen so many frogs or eggs in my life.
    19300 gal (27x54), AG, 22"Millenium Ultimate Granular Filtration w/2HP 2SP Pump,
    July 2013, Polaris 65 Vac, Confer AG Curve Step System, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit, Nordic Sport Hot Tub 300 gal, 78.5"R X35"D

6. Back To Top    #6

Maybe a couple of rubber snakes on the pool cover would deter them?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Oh my...
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

8. Back To Top    #8

never thought of the rubber snakes good idea and I will try to get pictures tonight