FC=2
CC=.5
CH=425
TA=180
CYA=50
PH=7.5

just added about a half gallon of bleach

would appreciate any thoughts on what else I need to do

I also have several spots/stains on the bottom pool liner. Not sure how old the pool liner is as we bought the house last August with the pool. Tried scrubbing them with a brush didn't do much if anything. My next thought was to use my 1500 psi power washer on them??

Thanks

FC is too low. With CYA at 50 you want FC between 4 and 8 and never below 4.

Your TA is also too high, which could lead to calcium scaling. Take a look at the Pool School article on lowering TA in the How To section.

Since you added bleach, I'd say go swimming. Tell the kids to splash a lot. That will drive pH up, and then you can lower it to 7.2 with acid, which will also lower TA. Win-win!

Organic stains will fade over time if you maintain FC levels. Did you have a layer of rotting leaves on the bottom when you opened? That will do it.

Or you can see if they are metal stains from someone adding copper algaecides or using some proprietary super-duper mineral sanitizer. Set a plain uncoated Vitamin C tablet on it for a couple minutes and then remove it. If there is a clear circle where it was, it's metals. There's a lengthy article regarding metal stains in pool school if that's the case

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.