Better Saltwater option..Venture or Matrix?

May 26, 2013
Tennessee
We are looking at replacing our Intex with either a Sharkline Matrix or Venture. I know the Matrix has more resin parts than the Venture. And Matrix is good for a saltwater system. But would the Venture be fine too? It has some resin parts, but uprights are not. I don't want to buy a pool only to have it start rusting away when we go saltwater. Any opinions or advice would be extremely helpful!

First thing to check is the warranty, many non resin pools have warranties that are voided if you use a salt water system. Something to keep in mind is the coating is made to protect the metal from things like occasional splashes of water. It will not hold up if you have even a small leak, the salt water will eat through the coating and into the metal. You may get lucky and get 20 years out of your pool with no issues or you may ruin a wall in a few years, it's a risk. Go with resin if you want peace of mind and no worry about warranty with salt water.

After reading the warranty on the Matrix, a saltwater system voids the warranty. So I guess we are back to searching for something we can do with a SWCG. Or just go BBB and buy the pool we really like. Just more to consider. Thanks for the responses. :)

Fact of the matter is, Saltwater exasperates corrosion of metal.
It really doesnt matter what the metal is protected with, over a period of time, the saltwater will eventually get to it.

Speaking purely from a longeviety standpoint, you should get a resin AGP if you intend to use a SWG.

I thought I read the right warranty. There are like 6 listed on the Sharkline website. So, I have emailed Wilbar to ask exactly which of the Sharkline pools, if any, are saltwater compatible. Hopefully will have an answer in a day or two. I will post what I find out. :)

We have a dealer installed matrix - they recommended a SWG system and warrantied it - out of the ones you listed it has the least amount of "metal" components. This is our 4th summer with no issues, make sure you use the right hardware around the perimiter of the pool (stainless).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.